Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see this question asked every now and again when people work on their Head units/take apart the center dash so here it is.

If you unplug the connector from your ac controls your passenger airbag warning light on the dash with flash here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Steamboat, 2 Steamboat, 3 Steamboat, 4 Steamboat, 5 Steamboat)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle 3 times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this, no rush.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light should not be flashing anymore.
Original post by Nickoli415 from x.nissanhelp

·
Registered
595 Posts
Funny, mine just came on today for no reason other than it's cold out. I did this reset and it worked. Thanks again EdWill86 you are 2 for 2 today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Airbag Light Flashing

Just purchased a 2010 Altima a couple weeks ago, and took it in to get a aftermarket car stereo installed so I could get back my SiriusXm. Still really getting used to the car and noticed what looked like an Airbag Light flashing on and off constantly, so took a chance and googled it, and it lead me here and described exactly what caused the problem.

One thing I would like to point out for anyone else who comes here with the same issue is, follow the steps EXACTLY as they are listed. It took me several attempts to get it right, because I didn't realize that "instantly" meant just that. Not after it flashes again, but INSTANTLY after it blinks off after the 5-7 seconds, turn your ignition to off.

If you don't catch it and let it blink again, you might as well start over.

Thanks for the save guys!! I spent enough money this past weekend to have to spend more on something so easy!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are several reasons that your airbag light shows up. You can follow this procedure to reset it.
  • Start your ignition system by turning the key to the ON position, ensuring not to crank the engine. The airbag lights will stay on before they begin to flicker.
  • Switch the ignition system to OFF as soon as the light goes off and withdraw your key before the lights start flashing again.
  • Turn the ignition ON after 5 seconds.
  • Repeat the first and second steps twice. Notice that you will have a different blinking pattern after your last move.
  • Ensure you repeat steps 1 and 2 at least three times before cranking the engine.
  • See if the airbag light sign lights up for a few seconds before going OFF for good. However, if the blinking persists, loop through the steps indicated above for better results.

Actually, you should find out the reasons before trying to reset it to make sure there are no hidden issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts