Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a journey it has been. Everything has gone wrong throughout the entire process but everything came out right in the end.

A few things that went wrong..

1) 6x9 -> 6.5 adapter plates only fit 5 1/4 although they stated 6.5.. so I had to take jigsaw and doctor them.

2) Crutchfield says 6.5 in front but in reality its 5 1/4. Without the Scion TC 5 1/4 -> 6.5 adapter plate kit, I got nowhere. So a friend and I took a trip to home depot and picked up 1/2" mdf and took one of the old Blaupunkt speakers/adapters and traced/cut new ones. Came out beautiful. (no pictures of these, I will take some the next time I take my door panel off)

3) If you don't already know, it's a PITA to get to the rear speakers. You literally need to strip the entire rear of the car down to replace. It's a very timely process, so please TAKE YOUR TIME.

4) The front passenger door is another PITA to run wires through the grommet to the interior. You will need to remove your entire glove compartment in order to do this, at least I had to.

Any many more..

-----------

Here are some pictures..

Installed are JL Audio XR650-CSi 6.5" Components, front & rear.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pics aren't visible/posted correctly.
+ how did you get the rear deck speakers in?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Pictures fixed now.. When I converted the forums, it corrupted the syntax.

The rear deck speakers were a pain :( I did the install when I first bought my car (December 06), so remembering detail by detail is tough but I'll try my best to explain it tomorrow.. I need some sleep :eek:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pictures fixed now.. When I converted the forums, it corrupted the syntax.

The rear deck speakers were a pain :( I did the install when I first bought my car (December 06), so remembering detail by detail is tough but I'll try my best to explain it tomorrow.. I need some sleep :eek:
Alright. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice job. that shit is time consuming.. i know from experience lol.... I paid $250 to put in both front and rear door components only to have them redone later by my brother due to bad wiring and poor craftsmanship.. they know sound really nice with the amp im running.. i removed the rear deck speakers to let the bass travel into the cabin without pulling down the rear seats...

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
nice job. that shit is time consuming.. i know from experience lol.... I paid $250 to put in both front and rear door components only to have them redone later by my brother due to bad wiring and poor craftsmanship.. they know sound really nice with the amp im running.. i removed the rear deck speakers to let the bass travel into the cabin without pulling down the rear seats...
Yeah, it was very time consuming :mad:

..but worth it in the end.

Very interesting with removing the rear deck speakers. How does it sound?

·
Registered
30 Posts
you can feel the bass hit much harder after the removal.... know i can have friends in the back seat and still have the hard hitting bass without putting down my seats....

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Hmm. I was going to do a blow-through with keeping the seats and sealing the trunk so no bass can travel through it. Trunk bass sucks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
have you dinamated your trunk yet.. that makes a significant difference with all that rattling.. my bro also but dynamat between the spoiler and the trunk, license plate, third brake light, and on the corners were the rear deck meets the glass......

are you planning on doing alot of custom fabrication for this blow-through port.. maybe should have it in the center of the rear seat were the armrest comes down to reveal your cupholder....

·
Registered
157 Posts
damn that looks dope, i had to rewire my whole altima cuz the bastards who installed before me messed up purrty bad...
how do the commponents sound in the back??
im thinkin about pickin up the new T5's by rockford fosgate

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
dynamat extreme would greatly help with the rattling. I think a bulk pack would be just enough to cover the trunk and maybe a couple of doors.

I had gotten a bulk pack and it barely covered my trunk area in my old 96 corolla which got totaled, but it kept all the rattling from becoming a nuisance, plus I put dynamat behind the license plate as well...it's a 4" x 10" piece..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
157 Posts
theres something cheaper than dynomat...
look it up on youtube some guy called "exocontralto" made a Q&A video on it

·
Registered
157 Posts
just buy 6.5's and just get the screws that make holes[sound stoopid but idk what theyre called] and mount em up, i d that with mine...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts