Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 Altima with new Powerslot rotors and Hawks pads. Squeaking noise that rises in pitch and frequency while braking but at only a certain speed. Until I reach that speed and as I slow down to that speed it is quiet as can be. Also, the noise is worse as I turn right but disappears if I turn left or brake or turn while in reverse. Any thoughts?:confused: I have taken it to a dealership that I trust and we took the wheel off and inspected it. No obvious sign of anything rubbing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hmm. That's weird. Have you checked the pads to be sure they are still in new condition..

·
Registered
79 Posts
The pads and rotors are probably just glazed. Go about 30 mph and apply the brakes firmly till you come to a complete stop. Drive it for 5 mins. then do it again. Repeat this a few times then see if it still makes the noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try that. I put on a set of new pads today just to see if there was any difference. NONE AT ALL. I went ahead and put the Hawks back on. I have now noticed that there is no noise at all when braking while going backwards. The pads are slick as are the rotors. When going 0-5 mph no noise but get above that and you hear the squeaking/rubbing noise and then it disappears at probably 10 mph. No Nissan dealership here or I would have probably taken it there already. It is starting to be a challenge for me to find out what could be making the noise.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I will try that. I put on a set of new pads today just to see if there was any difference. NONE AT ALL. I went ahead and put the Hawks back on. I have now noticed that there is no noise at all when braking while going backwards. The pads are slick as are the rotors. When going 0-5 mph no noise but get above that and you hear the squeaking/rubbing noise and then it disappears at probably 10 mph. No Nissan dealership here or I would have probably taken it there already. It is starting to be a challenge for me to find out what could be making the noise.
I wonder if it has something to do with parts on your car, and not the brakes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts