Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I want to buy these HID conversion kits for my headlights and Fog Lights. I know the fogs are a simple plug and play but If I convert my head lights, would I have to go out and buy a HID fitted healamp? I know that Nissan offered em for 2005 altimas, so actually, in theory, cant i just go out and buy a pair of HID ready headlamps used or something and plug those in? or atleast retrofit em? I hope this doesnt confuse anyone. I would just hate converting my lights to HID and have ppl flash me because my light scatters. Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Okay, I want to buy these HID conversion kits for my headlights and Fog Lights. I know the fogs are a simple plug and play but If I convert my head lights, would I have to go out and buy a HID fitted healamp? I know that Nissan offered em for 2005 altimas, so actually, in theory, cant i just go out and buy a pair of HID ready headlamps used or something and plug those in? or atleast retrofit em? I hope this doesnt confuse anyone. I would just hate converting my lights to HID and have ppl flash me because my light scatters. Thanks.
Just check eBay. I see the Nissan OEM HID lights from the SE-R on there all the time. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they transferable?

Meaning, can I just plug em straight in? Or do they have different connections in the back that I'm not aware of? I mean, I found the HID fitted headlamps brand new for 110 a piece, which is a great price imo, but I dont wanna waste 220 at the same time, you know. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Meaning, can I just plug em straight in? Or do they have different connections in the back that I'm not aware of? I mean, I found the HID fitted headlamps brand new for 110 a piece, which is a great price imo, but I dont wanna waste 220 at the same time, you know. Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure... I been looking it up and it doesn't seem like it will. You might have to do some modding...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Final Thought

I'm not sure... I been looking it up and it doesn't seem like it will. You might have to do some modding...
Buy the HID fitted headlamps, along with the conversion kit, atleast that way Ill have the projection lamps in there so I'll go the most out of my Hids. But i'll do some more looking around of course before I make my final decision. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts