Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are various methods to connect a HD to a PC via USB, some are cases for laptop drives, some are just cables with SATA/IDE connectors and a power supply. Has anyone tried this with the Bose system in the Altima? Did it work? Does it allow you to see your albums, or is it just a flat listing of all of your hundreds/thousands of MP3's?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I suppose it could work if it didn't draw too much power (more than 500 mA).. an SSD could be good for this, but I haven't tried it. I've just been using a 16 GB flash drive with nothing but music on it. You can put plenty of albums on one of those and it works well. If 16 GB isn't enough, 32GB and larger are getting pretty reasonable cost-wise now days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too am currently using a 2Gb flash drive loaded with music. I have a standard 80Gb hard drive that I am going to try on the drive home. I'll try and update this tomorrow

Edit: The display shows a file structure with the artist as one folder with all the respective albums in subfolders and (naturally) the songs in those folders. That is how my computer hard drive is set up. If you have it set up the same way, you should see a similar file structure.

if you just load the songs on to the drive with no method for organization, you will see a "flat" file structure with tens/hundreds/thousands of songs in one long list.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried to connect the 80Gb (LaCie) to the usb port - but sadly it did not work. I guess it has to be a smaller (SSD) drive or something that doesn't need much external power. Time to go look for a bigger flash drive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts