Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new to me 09 Altima the headlights were in really bad shape. Really white. I had a kit my wife bought yrs ago and tried it for an hour or so. Helped a little but not much. Almost bought new headlight assemblies but did some research on other restoration kits. Found an article on Popular Mechanics and they tested 10 kits. SYLVANIA beat all others so I thought I'd give it a try. $18 on Amazon and 1/2hr worth of work and the results are amazing! I didn't believe my eyes when I put on the protective coat and how clear these are. They look brand new. Hope this helps someone out and saves you some money.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice! The toothpaste method has run it's course for me. I'll have to try some of this.
I tried the toothpaste but got marginal results. This kit is the best I've seen and only $18 on Amazon prime. If you try it don't worry about what it looks like until you apply the last step. It'll look hazy until you put on the uv liquid then it'll be clear as a bell. It was really amazing how it worked. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also tried to restore my lights with toothpaste, yet seems like I did something wrong, as the surface was not too clean. Then I tried that Sylvania headlight restoration kit, and the lens became transparent without scratches. I put smoked film on top of my lights and I like what I've got so far. By the way, Sylvania bulbs are also cool (I've got silverstars), they give good light output even with smoked headlight lens, like ones I've got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts