Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, While working on my Altima (2.5) The plug that goes to the alternator broke. I bought a replacement, but am unsure of which order the wires go in. It's a 3 wire connector and the wire colors are Brown, Green, and yellow. I've looked all over and can't find any information with a car that has these color wires. Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, that means it should Be:
Brown: closest to radiator
Green: middle
Yellow: closest to engine

That's the way I was going, but wanted to make sure first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same issue? Sure, shoot me your VIN. PM me if you don't want it public.
Thank you really it’s just I have this new connector from Amazon and I saw people install it but I have different colors I have a white a orange and a purple and the pigtail (new one) has black red and green

·
Registered
399 Posts
Shoot, my bad. Didn't realize that's the replacement connector you have plugged in, sorry. Made me do a double take. Is this a coupe or sedan? The wiring is different and the VIN doesn't tell that.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That white-looking wire is bleached-out, it used to be either green (coupe) or sky blue (sedan). For the sedan, the wires will be violet to the bottom, yellow in the middle and the bleached wire on top (closest to the block). For a coupe, the order will be violet (brown) to the bottom, the bleached wire in the middle, and yellow on top.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts