Nissan Altima Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
That white-looking wire is bleached-out, it used to be either green (coupe) or sky blue (sedan). For the sedan, the wires will be violet to the bottom, yellow in the middle and the bleached wire on top (closest to the block). For a coupe, the order will be violet (brown) to the bottom, the bleached wire in the middle, and yellow on top.
I kind of understand I’m sorry so the red wire goes to the violet

·
Registered
409 Posts
If the old connector came apart or the wires shorted together, you probably blew the alternator's exciter fuse. Should be a 10A fuse located in the under-hood fuse block in front of the IPDM.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You should check your MAF before you jump to conclusions about fuel. Nissan injectors fail very rarely, and while low fuel pressure could cause crappy acceleration, it won't generally cause a poor idle. The mass airflow, on the other hand, can cause symptoms of all sorts, and all it takes is a piece of lint or a butterfly wing in the wrong place. Alties don't have MAP sensors, so the ECM has no way to double-check if the MAF is lying. Try cleaning it out, and if that doesn't help, get a scanner that can stream airflow readings and see if they're unsteady.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should check your MAF before you jump to conclusions about fuel. Nissan injectors fail very rarely, and while low fuel pressure could cause crappy acceleration, it won't generally cause a poor idle. The mass airflow, on the other hand, can cause symptoms of all sorts, and all it takes is a piece of lint or a butterfly wing in the wrong place. Alties don't have MAP sensors, so the ECM has no way to double-check if the MAF is lying. Try cleaning it out, and if that doesn't help, get a scanner that can stream airflow readings and see if they're unsteady.
Okay I talked to one of my mechanic friends and they said it’s the throttle body he builds cars he actually built a junk Ford 1996and raced a mk4 Supra, I just cleaned the mass airflow and it didn’t work.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts