Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
You can use the parking brake to get it started sideways. It's a footbrake on a gen4 so it takes a little practice, but the parking brake can be "double clutched" because it has a push-on-push-off release. It's easy on an '06-down model, those had handbrakes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use the parking brake to get it started sideways. It's a footbrake on a gen4 so it takes a little practice, but the parking brake can be "double clutched" because it has a push-on-push-off release. It's easy on an '06-down model, those had handbrakes.
Doesn't that break it or damage anything I have a gen 5.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Doesn't that break it or damage anything I have a gen 5.
Not unless you get it sideways enough to hit something. ;)

FWD donuts take practice, even using a handbrake. You have to get the rear going sideways and then keep it that way with throttle and steering. It's a controlled-power exercise, not a controlled-traction exercise like RWD. If you want to learn to do that, my advice is to find a big, empty parking lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not unless you get it sideways enough to hit something. ;)

FWD donuts take practice, even using a handbrake. You have to get the rear going sideways and then keep it that way with throttle and steering. It's a controlled-power exercise, not a controlled-traction exercise like RWD. If you want to learn to do that, my advice is to find a big, empty parking lot.
Yea, thanks man I'm planning on getting a 350z to actually drift not powerslide later but the child in me just wants to wip my Altima right now 😂 also I have one question should I press it down when I go to turn or keep it on if you don't know it's ok I'm going to be practicing today anyways.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The idea is to cut the wheel and dump throttle, and simultaneously tap the parking brake to get the rear sliding around. Then you get back on the throttle and steer into the spin to get her doing pinwheels. Happy donuts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts