Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a 2009 Altima hybrid. Recently the hybrid just stopped working. When I disconnect the battery (not the hybrid battery) it resets it all and the hybrid works again but after a certain amount of miles it stops working again and the lights for check engine, vdc,brake light , and the hybrid system warning light. But after driving for a few the vdc and the brake light turns up. Have no idea what it could be. Any info would help trying to get this resolved. Don't want to take it to the dealership cause all they do is rape on the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it could be the hybrid battery that needs to be replaced. An expensive repair if that's the case, regardless of whether it's the dealer or an independent.
Yeah but I don't get why it works perfectly fine when I disconnect the battery and connect it back. And the battery charges up.

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
You need to get a diagnostic done on the batteries. There's not a whole lot of places that will be capable of that besides the dealer. It could have a strong initial charge then very quickly dissipate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 2009 Altima hybrid. Recently the hybrid just stopped working. When I disconnect the battery (not the hybrid battery) it resets it all and the hybrid works again but after a certain amount of miles it stops working again and the lights for check engine, vdc,brake light , and the hybrid system warning light. But after driving for a few the vdc and the brake light turns up. Have no idea what it could be. Any info would help trying to get this resolved. Don't want to take it to the dealership cause all they do is rape on the price.
What was the proplem please becuase im facing the exact same with the exact same car

·
Registered
514 Posts
There's absolutely no way to know what's wrong without reading the codes in the hybrid system. Get a diagnostic and post the codes, then we may be able to help you.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes bit i want to know what was the proplem when the car got diagnostic and repaired
There are only about 50 things that can cause intermittent operation of the hybrid system. Even if the behavior is similar, I have no idea why you would think the answer to the OP's issue will be the answer to yours. Guessing accomplishes nothing. Get the codes read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts