Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving home from work and I started to smell wires burning. I was sure it wasn't mine because I had my radio installed by a professional three days ago. I came up to a red lighted and started to notice some smoke coming from my dashboard. To make a long story short, my brand new radio caught on fire. I took it back to the "professional" who installed it for me and he said it was radio itself, not his wiring.


Some words of advice when picking out a new radio. DO NOT purchase a Panasonic CQ-C7105U.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Today I was driving home from work and I started to smell wires burning. I was sure it wasn't mine because I had my radio installed by a professional three days ago. I came up to a red lighted and started to notice some smoke coming from my dashboard. To make a long story short, my brand new radio caught on fire. I took it back to the "professional" who installed it for me and he said it was radio itself, not his wiring.


Some words of advice when picking out a new radio. DO NOT purchase a Panasonic CQ-C7105U.
You should demand a refund on that radio or the wiring person for his service. I don't believe it was the radio, i believe it was the wiring. Was it installed in another car or is this the first installation of the radio?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I agree with Altima SL. I think the installer did a bad job. I install all my own systems and have run nothing but Panasonic for the past 3 years and have not had a single problem. Panasonic makes solid reliable radios, I only replace them when new models come out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
i just purchased a indash dvd player and reading this kinda makes me wonder if i made a good choice not with the brand i just don't wanna run into the problem with someone wiring things up incorrect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Today I was driving home from work and I started to smell wires burning. I was sure it wasn't mine because I had my radio installed by a professional three days ago. I came up to a red lighted and started to notice some smoke coming from my dashboard. To make a long story short, my brand new radio caught on fire. I took it back to the "professional" who installed it for me and he said it was radio itself, not his wiring.


Some words of advice when picking out a new radio. DO NOT purchase a Panasonic CQ-C7105U.

panasonics were known to catch fire or burn up there internals.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top