Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall I bought a 2007 Altima from Nott Autocrap in Winnipeg. I love the car but the sales guys craftily concealed the fact that it had an after market immobilizer installed. The car came from Quebec and was a lease, I believe. In spite of having an approved anti-theft from the factory, in Quebec people were forced to install the after market junk to get insurance. It does provide more theft protection, but it ruins an excellent keyless entry system and provides another potential failure point.

The immobilizer is a Datatech device and was installed by Canadian Tire in Quebec according to my research. I'm not going to remove it myself, but I hope I can find someone knowledgeable to remove it or to direct the shop to information on uninstalling the immobilizer. It seems the Datatech device is rather crude in any event, as far as immobilizers go. I'm sure any shop which installs immobilizers could eventually figure it out, but on my dime!

So, can anyone suggest where to take my car for speedy and competent removal of the Datatech immobilizer out west?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts