Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
It might be totaled from an insurance standpoint, but that definitely looks repairable if you want to replace the fender and door, and possibly the right front strut and control arm. The damage doesn't look to extend to the lower body seam and chassis, and the hood still seems aligned, which together means the damage is localized and didn't go deep into the frame. It's possible some straightening will be needed in the door frame beneath the A-pillar, but that's impossible to tell without getting the door open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pull the fender and door off and make sure that none of the seam sealer is cracked or disturbed. That is your first tell tale sign that things are "Bent". If there is no evidence of things being bent, grab new parts and replace them.

I had hit a deer with my 2010 Coupe 6MT. Blew the airbag off took out the bumper cover grill, hood, core support rad, ac condensor & LF fender. Geico listed it as totaled (overwritten estimate in my opinion). I stripped it all down. No cracks in the seam sealer. Ordered up a new bumper cover (had it painted for$130 at the local trade school), found a hood and fender in the correct paint code and replaced everything else that was damaged. Used airbag from a local salvage yard. Found a place that rebuilds seat belts after airbag deployment and reprograms the SRS module (very reasonable vs buying new belts and SRS module). Back on the road with plenty of money left over from the check from the insurance company. Yeah the CarFax indicates the car was totalled but, you can't tell in it's current state. Totally worth the effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts