Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help the mother of a teen driver!!
Does anyone know of any options to program the key fob for a 2013 Nissan Altima to keep the car from going over a certain speed. My sister had this option on a Ford car and I would love to have this option for my teenage daughter’s car! Any suggestions would be great even if is something other than programming of the key fob!

·
Registered
399 Posts
There's no provision like that on a '13 Nissan (I don't think even Nissan Connect has that ability on later ones). Your best option is probably to have a hidden GPS tracker installed. They're all subscription services, but most of them have an option to alert you by text or email if the vehicle exceeds a certain speed or goes more than a certain amount above the speed limit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have life 360 and it tells me what her top speed was at the end of each drive but I’m wanting something that will not let the car go over a certain speed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
PS - Most of those systems also have starter cutouts for teaching lessons if needed. I had a neighbor who tracked his son doing 85+ in a 55 on a back section of AR-7. When the boy stopped for a Coke, daddy stuck him at the Nowhere Corners gas station for an hour trying to figure out why the car wouldn't start, then called his phone for a scolding. I'm told it never happened again. ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have life 360 and it tells me what her top speed was at the end of each drive but I’m wanting something that will not let the car go over a certain speed.
Most of the subscription services will give you realtime alerts and not just data logging. There aren't many good options for a governor, which is what you're really looking for. I know there are commercial outfits that can "tweak" Nissan ECM software for governing, I've seen it done on work trucks. But I have no idea what it would cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS - Most of those systems also have starter cutouts for teaching lessons if needed. I had a neighbor who tracked his son doing 85+ in a 55 on a back section of AR-7. When the boy stopped for a Coke, daddy stuck him at the Nowhere Corners gas station for an hour trying to figure out why the car wouldn't start, then called his phone for a scolding. I'm told it never happened again. ;)
Do you happen to know what type of system he had?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts