Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an aftermarket set of foglights that use H3 bulbs and the halogen bulbs that they came with finally burnt out. I was thinking of replacing them with H3 LED lights, but I just wanted to know if it would be a simple process of buy the LED lights and plugging them in or would I need some kind of adapter. Also, what would the installation process be like? Last question haha. Would these H3 LEDs be a good replacement?http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...spPage&Page2Disp=/specs/DRL_H3-WHP.htm#photos?

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
no, LED bulbs for fogs would only be for cosmetics. They don't have the output like halogen or HIDs have. Unless you just want to make the fogs look like LED drls instead and have them always on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, LED bulbs for fogs would only be for cosmetics. They don't have the output like halogen or HIDs have. Unless you just want to make the fogs look like LED drls instead and have them always on.
Ahh ok. I would kinda want them to serve a purpose outside of comsetics haha. Btw, what kind are on your car, in your signature pic? They look awesome.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
they're just LED modules for day time running lights. I've got them hooked up to the parking lights and originally I was going to go with eyelid overlays, but I ended up just removing the parking light bulbs which I had LED bulbs in there as well. The output of those LEDs are kind of bright, now I've seen even brighter ones which I might get once mine expire. LEDs only have like 25k hours or so, so luckily mine aren't on all the time like the ones on the mercs or bmws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts