Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my '07 Altima 2.5s I have recently replaced the master door switch panel on the drivers door. I did so because my back windows would roll down but not up. Replacing the panel did fix the windows problem. But I seem to think that with the old switch panel I could jump into the car and lock the doors before I ever hit the start button. Now I cannot lock the doors until the car is started.

So... I slaved in the old switch panel that I had taken out BUT I still was not able to lock the doors without starting the car.
Should I be able to lock the doors without starting the car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
locking doors

hi im no pro but i believe the reason you need to start the car is so it will disable the feature of not locking the car with the keys in it. just guessing and hope this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
i guess that part was bad on your switch you replaced. You are lucky you didnt lock your keys in the car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, don't answer questions just to get points. It makes you sound silly. Why not just reply with a donut recipe instead of something ignorant just to fill space?

Turns out that my problem was an aftermarket part. I replaced the aftermarket part with an OEM and everything works great the way it's supposed to work!:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know what points your talking about. You were the one on here asking for help. I happened to get your post in an email and I tried to give you an answer. I didn't know you bought an inferior aftermarket part and was only trying to help you out. Not fill up space to someone who asks then gets nasty when someone replies. Have a nice day Karen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts