Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Altima SE 3.5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I have been racing this Altima SE 3.5 for 4 races. Its fast but not as fast as the 3800 motor in the GM.
Looking for budget mod's to get more HP. 3.5 motor AIS block off? remove cat?, Chip?
We are limit to $500 to put in are car's. I did the cold air intake first. Otherwise stock. Looking for some incite that's already been tried. I should probably open a new thread but also. Is there a way to lock it into 2nd gear. I have to keep it in drive otherwise if I use the manual shift it takes to long to down shift coming out of the corners. Think if I could hold 2nd all the way around it would be faster. 1/4 mile track. banked corners. Got a little banged up last Saturday. Hopefully this will keep them off my tire. Any and all comment's welcome.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Subaru legacy
Tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
are welcome. Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
IDK if you will find someone to do it for $500, but a tune is the best bang for buck mod on these. Uprev tuning is usually ~$900 on a dyno.

removing the cats really wont do much for you.

You may as well buy a $500 nitrous kit and spray it.

NA is really hard to get power out of, especially in an automatic, where the trans absorbs such a large percentage of the power produced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts