Nissan Altima Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went through the same thing with the low oil pressure. My problem ending up being the sending unit switch, so it didn't cost much to fix. Right after that was fixed my Power Steering pump decided to start leaking, yeah! I have had 2 PS pumps put in in the last 2 weeks. The first new pump was replaced because of the AWFUL whining noise coming from it. It was loud and it made my steering wheel shake even while idling and in Nuetral. Freaking awesome! The shop wants me to buy a pump from Nissan but I have been reading everything I can find about that issue and the most obvious solution is trying to get any air/air bubbles out. If that doesn't work I am going to replace the pulley, o-rings, and hoses. When I take my car back in on Thursday I am going to have them do that while they replace my right front axle, left rear wheel hub, and my motor mounts(they think the steering wheel vibration is from that, but I know it's not).

I feel like the repairs will never end at this point. I had the entire suspension replaced last year along with the right rear wheel hub. Apparently, the wheel hubs going bad is an Altima thing, but I'm sure it doesn't help that I drive it like I stole it! I'm on my 6th set of tires at 163,000 miles and so far I have found I like the Falkon's best so far for tires. The Goodyear's that came with the car are the WORST tires ever!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ya I ended up selling it to carmax. I took it to my buddies place and checked the oil pressure myself with his gauge and it was showing 14 psi like the shop told me. Then it would slowly go down after 45-60 min of running just sitting there and I tried it twice.. I said frig it and got rid of it. I paid next to nothing for it kinda walked in to the deal put about 1k in parts into it and ended up selling it for much more than I paid.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts