Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have been all over these forums and other sites on the internet. I am having an issue playing mp3's via USB drive.

Actually, that is incorrect, the mp3's play fine. I am having issues with the file structure and navigating through the catalog.

I have a 2013 3.5SV with the non-navigation stereo. The problem I am having with the file structure is it appears that this particular radio does not handle folders within folders.

My USB key is organized by artist > album > song.

My radio only recognizes the album and song. The strange thing is, the albums are organized by artist, but I cannot get the list to show the artist.

Does anyone know how to do this? I hit the "back" button and the menu will only back up to the list of albums, never the artist.

Is this a limitation in this particular radio? Is there a certain format or way I should label the artists?

I have tried different thumb drives. They all act the same. I read somewhere about a limit on the files within folders so I tested another thumbdrive with 2 artists each containing 1 album and I still cannot get the artists to list, just the album names.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem when using a thumb drive. Can't find anyway to fix this. The car scans the drive for music and will only display folders with music in them. I was going to try placing a small mp3 in each artist folder to see if that would work but I found the if I use my iPod instead all the folders show up so I just loaded all my music onto that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ran into the same problem and it was driving nuts. I had to finally add the Bands name to the folder - Alter Bridge - ABIII. But now I have another issue with the listing of the Band-Albums. It list them out of order. There is no rhyme or reason. I even change the metadata on the songs to see if that helped. It didn't. If anyone knows how to make them sort alphabetically, that would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts