Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

New to this forum, but I've worked on cars for a long time (former employee of GM). I just picked up a sweet 2007 Altima 3.5 SE, and love it.

However, the previous owners never updated the Nav system. Where do I find out if there are updates to install, and where's the best place to get a new DVD?

If there are other threads on this, feel free to send me to them - I couldn't find any.

Ken

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey all -

New to this forum, but I've worked on cars for a long time (former employee of GM). I just picked up a sweet 2007 Altima 3.5 SE, and love it.

However, the previous owners never updated the Nav system. Where do I find out if there are updates to install, and where's the best place to get a new DVD?

If there are other threads on this, feel free to send me to them - I couldn't find any.

Ken
No one knows anything about updating the Nav system?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 2007 Altima uses a DVD-based navigation system.

You can purchase an updated DVD from NAVTEQ, the company that makes the maps. Put in Nissan for the manufacturer then put in 2007 Altima and it shows you the latest maps available. If you do buy the DVD update, once you get the new DVD, just push the eject button on the DVD drive in the car and the existing DVD will come out. Put the new one in the slot and you're all set.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You can purchase an updated DVD from NAVTEQ, the company that makes the maps. Put in Nissan for the manufacturer then put in 2007 Altima and it shows you the latest maps available. If you do buy the DVD update, once you get the new DVD, just push the eject button on the DVD drive in the car and the existing DVD will come out. Put the new one in the slot and you're all set.
Thanks for the reply - do you know if the DVD includes any Nav system updates? I realize the DVD has new maps, but do you know if it will update the Nav system itself with any operating system type software changes?

Ken

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Oh, and by the way, NAVTEQ just links to manufacturer websites.. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
The NAVTEQ site does link to pages that look like the manufacturer pages but if you look at the URL is still NAQTEQ and you can add the DVD to your cart and checkout.

I once did an update for someone with a Nissan DVD based navigation system and the DVD just had maps. I put in the DVD and it loaded the maps, no system updates or new software. It's the same idea as upgrading the maps on a portable GPS - you don't get any new features and the software is the same but new addresses, points of interest, etc are added. If you're looking for more up-to-date maps and points of interest the DVD should take care of that, but if you're looking for updated software the DVD won't help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts