Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
Under the front of the car is a plastic cover that goes under the engine and meets the front bumper. It prevents water from going in, but in my case it is destroyed; it can no longer be screwed in with any means. My son, finally finished it off.

Where can I get a replacement, and what is the official name of that part?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone have a good source for the collection of the plastic push rivets. There is at least 3 different types for the bottom plastic splash shield and several of them broke when I pulled mine off for a coolant/ radiator hose change. When possible I use plastic zip ties but there needs to be 2 openings to use them.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Courtesy Nissan Parts is a great place to work with , Tasca Parts also , haven t had the chance to make business with them yet .

Wonder if RockAuto carries these parts too .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ebay has many of the needed items. For example the plastic retainers are best found in kits like ones I found using the words Plastic Rivets Fastener Fender Bumper Push Clips + Removal Tool for Nissan. I did the search using search in description. A box of 150 with the tool is about $15. You can also buy 10 or larger boxes of specific plastic fasteners. Myself, I don't like the plastic fasteners on this kind of part. They often fail. I prefer metal bolts in rivet nuts. That is another line of repair ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts