Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have owned my 3.5SL for one month now. After having owned an 05 Altima for 10 years, I figured there would be some sort of body adjustment. However, I did not think the driver's seat or pedal placement would cause numbness. The right side of my right foot goes numb, even after a short drive. It is so bad, I went to see my doctor. He said it has to do with the seat or how I sit in the seat. I am wondering if it is a more narrow cockpit or pedal placement. Either way, the car is not comfortable to drive.

Is anyone else (especially tall drivers), having any issues like this?

Thanks,
Noke35SL

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
I'm 6'2. And drive a lot.
No issues here, well no issues with what your having

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm about average height (5'10") and I haven't had any issues. I drive quite a bit and I'm very comfortable in my 2013 3.5SL

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I generally have a sensation somewhere around the middle of my pants when I drive my 3rd gen at WOT... do you think it's related?

Whatever the cause... I like it. ::grin::

EDIT: sorry... that doesn't help you with your problem, and I really didn't have anything helpful to add. Maybe try moving the front of your seat bottom down a bit? That and see a chiropractor?

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
I did. Was at the gym and started laughing out loud and people have me weird looks. Well more than normal. Lol

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
:lol:

Sounds like you're hitting a nerve somewhere. Have you had back issues in the past?

With the back pain I had last year, I know that if I sit a certain way I feel a warm sensation in my lower leg. Then the outside of my foot will feel numb. That probably doesn't help you much either.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I did. Was at the gym and started laughing out loud and people have me weird looks. Well more than normal. Lol
I hate it when that happens because I just randomly start laughing at work and people look at me weird. Then I have to explain the context and they don't think it's all that funny. Meanwhile, I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard.

Fun times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have broke my back twice. And usually always have issues in sitting in cars for more then 15 mins. And actually this is first vehical Ive owned that does not cause me to go numb after a long drive..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts