Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday our 2016 Altima SV started a little slowly. I went to three places to have it tested (it needed an oil change too) and every place had a long wait. So I decided to wait until today. Big mistake - my daughter couldn't get the car started this morning. We've had 105 F weather lately and the battery is probably the original. I tried jumping it with my Nissan Cube this morning - no luck. So a friend came by who works on buses for the local school. We tried his F-150 and his various cables with no luck. He tested my battery and said the voltage was going down when loaded and probably bad. So I went to auto parts store and bought new battery. Installed it and car still won't start. But now the car beeps at me saying "no key detected" when I try to start it. It's like there is some security thing on that won't let me start it. I don't think I can use the actual key to start the SV. This car has the Convenience Package on it.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A friend helped me figure it out. Apparently you must use the original key and not a copy that's been programmed for the car to let you jump start or start the car with a new battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts