Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all i am new to this forum. I have a 2001 nissan altima and i need your help!

I have a repair questions and need a 2001 nissan altima rear suspension diagram

altimaforums.net + need-2001-nissan-t2220.html?p=9197

any help would be greatly appreciated,
Jumbi

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome! I'm not sure where to find that online other than a google/yahoo search. But you can get a great diagram and a short how-to by buying a Haynes manual for your altima.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! I'm not sure where to find that online other than a google/yahoo search. But you can get a great diagram and a short how-to by buying a Haynes manual for your altima.
See the thing is i have less than $22 to my name right now, so i'm not going to buy any manual, I'm saving to get the part, and lucky for me, I found a great mechanic.

Isn't there some-kind of free online service where free-lance mechanics go for reference diagrams?

... Does anyone know where i can buy a Haynes manual? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Welcome to AF, jumbi! I'm not sure where you can find the haynes manual at other than purchasing it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Haynes or Chilton's manuals are your best bet. The Haynes only costs like 15 dollars at an Autozone. After reading the Haynes manual, you might find yourself fixing your own car. You will then be saving money, instead of paying the mechanic's labor cost. If you do find that diagram online, it probably will not be detailed enough to aide you in your installation. Freelance mechanics buy the manufacturer's shop manuals. There are 3 books altogether and just one book will cost you more than a Haynes or Chilton would. Buy a Haynes and do the work yourself. You will save money and you will feel like you accomplished something. Good Luck Jumbi :).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Haynes or Chilton's manuals are your best bet. The Haynes only costs like 15 dollars at an Autozone. After reading the Haynes manual, you might find yourself fixing your own car. You will then be saving money, instead of paying the mechanic's labor cost. If you do find that diagram online, it probably will not be detailed enough to aide you in your installation. Freelance mechanics buy the manufacturer's shop manuals. There are 3 books altogether and just one book will cost you more than a Haynes or Chilton would. Buy a Haynes and do the work yourself. You will save money and you will feel like you accomplished something. Good Luck Jumbi :).
Thank you for the helpful advice, I actually just purchased a Haynes manual (got a steal on ebay for >$4)

It shouldn't be too much work, and I have a mutual friend who owns an Autoparts store so this new member might not have such a big problem after all : )

although it is kinda hard to afford a part when you can't drive to work >.<

·
Registered
219 Posts
welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts