Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picking up my brand-new 2011 Altima in 24 hrs, once the dealer finishes the vehicle registration process (fingers crossed!)...

I always loved Altimas and this is my very first car (brand new) at 21, I want to take good care of it. I have a few questions:

(1) I already got a tinting voucher from V-kool for their "signature" line of tints, How much tint percentage would make the car look good? (upto 30% legal limit) and still leave good visibility @ night? and should I get the top part of the windscreen tinted or tint entire windscreen with transparent film?

(2) How does beige leather hold up in the heat? I live in a hot climate country, with summer temperatures reaching a high of 50 deg.Celcius on a couple of days a year. Also, how can I care properly for the leather without it getting damaged???, fyi, none of the cars my family owned ever had leather.

(3)I also got free rust-proofing from dealer. Anything else I should do to the car before I get some miles on that meter?

Psyched for tomorrow!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to the forums As to you questions.
1) Tinting I in Ohio where the law says a max of 30% on the front side windows. I went with 20% all around except for the windshield. I have no problems seeing out and checked with local law and they said it was fine. I did not touch the windshield as it has the tinting across the top. I would not go with anything greater than 20-30% as it does not add much to it.
2) Leather use a good cleaner/conditioner such as MEGUIARS. The tint will help with the leather also. Never let the leather get dry and brittle, and remember to keep pins and sharp objects out of your back pockets.
3) As for the exterior, wash at least once a week and do not go to a car wash where brushes or anything else comes in contact with your car.

Enjoy it, This is my 3rd Altima and it will not be my last Nissan. You will find the people on the forum quite friendly and helpfull

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Welcome to AF, izzy! Congratulations on your upcoming Altima! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts