Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in Subaru STI for Altima AWD with premium package.
Love the Pro Pilot Assist for the comfort on long highway drives
Seems to work even on back roads. Bettter than the cadillac that only works on certain highways.
300 mile drive and I only got 24 MPG. Not much better than the Subaru.
Mostly Interstate at 78 MPH. Do i need to slow down to get better gas mileage?

·
Registered
2022 Altima SV
26 Posts
new here as well. My better half crashed her MB GLC and since not many SUVs were available, gave her my Stelvio and I'm now in Altima SV AWD. love the seats and acceleration is decent. HOWEVER, I am also getting about 25 MPG only. thought these cars were 29 mpg... another VW scandle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new here as well. My better half crashed her MB GLC and since not many SUVs were available, gave her my Stelvio and I'm now in Altima SV AWD. love the seats and acceleration is decent. HOWEVER, I am also getting about 25 MPG only. thought these cars were 29 mpg... another VW scandle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car and Driver said 41 MPG
Even sticker said 39 on the highway which is almost all I drive
I was expecting in the 30s at least
Maybe I need to baby it

·
Administrator
274 Posts
Traded in Subaru STI for Altima AWD with premium package.
Love the Pro Pilot Assist for the comfort on long highway drives
Seems to work even on back roads. Bettter than the cadillac that only works on certain highways.
300 mile drive and I only got 24 MPG. Not much better than the Subaru.
Mostly Interstate at 78 MPH. Do i need to slow down to get better gas mileage?
Slowing down would help; also reduce idle time. Eliminate jack-rabbit starts. If the spark plugs are very old, replace them and make sure the air filter is clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 2022 SR 2.5 for 2 weeks now and I’m averaging 32 mpg, pretty much driving between 25 mph to 50 mph so mostly city, I did have my avg at 36 mpg on a highway trip about 40 minute ride, I’m sure at 100% highway I will get at least 39 mpg if not more. The mileage will decrease if you are taking off quickly and going above posted speeds, most mpg estimates are just that estimates, and I’m sure they are factoring in doing the speed limit and they probably don’t factor in wind or hills. I’m totally satisfied with the mileage I’m getting, this car feels huge and substantial to me compared to the 2005 Altima I had and that was a stick shift and I didn’t get as good of mileage with that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts