Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks i was considering a 2"on mine but am hesitant cuz the city roads where I live suck thanks to snow plows and a state that cant pass a budget..lmao But the 1.5 look nice on the car man!

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had the same worries. Where I live has pretty much the same issues. So far I haven't scraped at all. I am a little nervous about winter. I guess we'll see. If the ride stays the way it is, I'll be a happy camper. So far, highly recommended.

·
Registered
233 Posts
How big a factor on the handling are they? It looks lower in the back than an inch drop. I live with snow season too and don't want an issue with too much drop. I would like a flatter handling ride out of it though! They sure help the big wheel gap problem!

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How big a factor on the handling are they? It looks lower in the back than an inch drop. I live with snow season too and don't want an issue with too much drop. I would like a flatter handling ride out of it though! They sure help the big wheel gap problem!
The handling is improved by about 50%. Still having the stock wheels with the stock tire size limits the benefits somewhat. I kept thinking the same thing about the rear. It really is just a 1" drop. I had to fill in some paperwork for warranty and they ask for before and after measurements which turns out to 1.5 and 1.0. I know what you mean about the snow factor. For the amount of days actually driving in snow, I think it will be manageable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, 50%! That's a BIG improvement! The springs, with the SE-R bar/endlinks should glue it to the road. A good tire/wheel combo should put it in the sports car handling bracket! Any issues with the stock struts, since the travel height must change? I was looking at the Racingline springs because the F/R drop looks just right. Anyone using them?

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New sway bar and end links with a good wheel and tire combo would create a completely different animal then stock. The car would be unrecognizable from the drivers seat.

I have not noticed any issues with the OE struts and shocks. The travel distance does change but shouldn't have any adverse effect with my 1.5" drop. The OE struts and shocks still showed plenty of life.

The racingline springs are an even drop, although some late reports are proving otherwise. Ride quality will suffer because of the MUCH higher rear spring rate and lower front end drop.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Looks good dude. I'm on the same drop and winter here is no problem. I even have the Stillen lip to add to clearance. As long as nobody lives where snowplows are non-existent, winter won't be a problem. Just check your wells every now & then for ice build up. Clearance is good though. I can still even go through drive thru car washes, except for some minor scraping on the entrance.

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was because of you and Carlson that I went with these springs. They were a great deal less money then the other guys and I have never heard a complaint against them. I haven't scraped anything yet, (knock on wood), except a coffee cup met its end this morning.

A

·
0 Posts
i just got kyb struts and shocks that ill put on soon with(already installed) tien h techs. cant wait to get new sway bars on also!

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which sway bars are you going with? Are your OE shocks and struts giving you trouble? Just curious 'cause the H. Tech's are a similar drop and I'm wondering how much life I will get from my OE suspension.

A

·
0 Posts
Which sway bars are you going with? Are your OE shocks and struts giving you trouble? Just curious 'cause the H. Tech's are a similar drop and I'm wondering how much life I will get from my OE suspension.
Suspension Techniques is a very well known name in suspension aftermarket products, I did install new monroe struts when i got the springs but they work like oem so the ride is fine but the kyb's will be better...also i never changed the back shocks so that will help...but shocks and struts are something you dont have to replace until 100,000 miles if driven responsibly. overall my ride quality is great now(feedback from passengers) but will be better with aftermarket setup, also i torched my sway bar off(i know, i know) so corning is affected somewhat now so its gonna be a monster when i get everything on.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Pizza

$155 American or $164 Canadian plus $50 shipping to Canada. Total cost was $230 'cause I had to buy my dad pizza for helping with the install.
That's a good deal! So if I buy your dad a pizza will he help with mine? LOL
I'll get extra toppings! ;)

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*update*

I sent the car for an alignment and the rears are waaaaaay out of spec. It is going to take rear adjusting arms, spring boosters, or oe springs to bring it back. I have sent along spring boosters and the oe springs in case the spring boosters raise it too high. I would leave it the way it is but -2 camber would kill the tires in a hurry.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts