Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm pleased to be a part of the Altima forums. I've got an '06 L31 Altima 2.5S Sedan, 2.5L/4-speed auto trans, a little over 115K gentle freeway miles. Recently, the AC quit working, but I don't have the time or money to diag/repair it. I was curious if anyone was having the same/similar issues as I was? Basically, we were driving down the highway, AC blasting(thanks to the AZ heat), and all of a sudden, with no warning, the AC went warm. Pulled into town, shut the car off, turned it back on, AC working just fine again. This cycle of random on/off continued for about a month, and now it's completely warm at all times. That got me thinking that maybe the clutch for the compressor was having an intermittent failure? I looked at everything and didn't see any sign of PAG oil leakage or anything that would signify a loss of Freon. Maybe there's something I've overlooked? I have 2 young kids who need AC, so urgent help is greatly appreciated! Also, this is my wife's car and daily, but we take it on camping trips as a companion vehicle to my Ranger. It recently got stuck thanks to someone who shall not be named while on the road to an offroad trailhead, so I'll be doing some light offroad mods to it. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Welcome aboard , saw that you did another thread concerning issues , might have some help soon .

Reactions: RollinWOT
1 - 2 of 2 Posts