Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The answer is yes you can easily install this item yourself. The OE flush mount style of spoiler for the new 2013-Up Nissan Altima installs very easily as no-drilling is required. You basically clean and prep the trunk paint surface to remove any grease and oil and so forth; then peel off the backing of the pre-applied self adhesive tape and then place the spoiler on the trunk lid. It's that quick and easy!

For further details and info; please click here: http://www.ronusa.com/Merchant2/mer...uct_Code=NEW278NS7&Category_Code=SPLNISALTIMA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you not going to have a functioning brake light?
Please accept my apologies as I must have been half asleep when I posted this article; but the OE type of spoiler for the new 2013 Nissan Altima comes with the built in LED brake light. You will therefore have to drill a small hole in the trunk lid in order to properly wire the spoiler in with your existing brake lights. The spoiler comes with complete directions on where to exactly drill your hole and how to easily hook up the brake light wiring and so forth.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I know that the 3M tape is good but doubt it will last half the life of the car. The last thing I would want is a $200 spoiler flying behind the car by the brake light wires. My after market OEM style spoiler is also held in place by 3 bolts. If your going to drill 1 hole in the trunk, you might as well drill 3 more to secure the spoiler to the trunk lid.......Does this spoiler come with this option?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that the 3M tape is good but doubt it will last half the life of the car. The last thing I would want is a $200 spoiler flying behind the car by the brake light wires. My after market OEM style spoiler is also held in place by 3 bolts. If your going to drill 1 hole in the trunk, you might as well drill 3 more to secure the spoiler to the trunk lid.......Does this spoiler come with this option?
Yes we can sell you the screw mount type for the same price. It would also come with the locater tabs and mounting template which would show you exactly where to drill each hole. It also comes with an easy quick wiring connection to attach to the existing brake wiring.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes we can sell you the screw mount type for the same price. It would also come with the locater tabs and mounting template which would show you exactly where to drill each hole. It also comes with an easy quick wiring connection to attach to the existing brake wiring.
I would certainly go for the screw mount type if i were in the market for a spoiler. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the main difference between the one they sell at the dealer other than the price? I really want to add the spoiler to my SV but the dealer wants $450 (installed).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the main difference between the one they sell at the dealer other than the price? I really want to add the spoiler to my SV but the dealer wants $450 (installed).
The main difference in the price is that you are paying the dealer markup margin price; plus the labor for the installation. Otherwise our spoilers are the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts