Nissan Altima Forum banner

P0108 code. 02 Altima se 3.5. Newbie

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  markismail 
#1 ·
P0108 code (MAP sensor) that I can’t erase with a code reader and I can’t find a MAP sensor on my engine. 02 Altima se 3.5 5spd. I just rebuilt the engine and all it does is turn over or sputter.

#4 ·
You're most welcome (although I'm sorry it wasn't better news). I don't think you'll have a lot of trouble finding a good used ECM, just be aware that you need to search using the JECS or Hitachi part number on the box and not the Nissan part number. There are also tons of places doing ECM reconditioning or exchange on those older units.

#5 ·
I was trying to find a used one at my local parts yard but a 3.5 5spd tranny altima is hard to come by. I will throw back a few cold ones and stew about this, then start a real parts search tomorrow. Thanks again for the info, I could not find this on the net. Greatly appreciated.

#6 ·
"UPDATE"

Over the weekend I moved around a few relays and got the car to attempt to start but it acts like its not getting gas. Is it possible its been down for a year, that I need to do the relearn processes on the T.B. and other sensors?

I also found a 02 murano to get the IPDM so I would have more relays. For shits and giggles I changed the motherboard out with my IPDM. It did not do anything. I reset my IPDM box with the original motherboard and better looking relays. I got it to somewhat crank again but acts like its not getting gas again. Still have the MAP sensor code.

#9 ·
UPDATE

I received my ECU back for the 2nd time. Turns out its the same circuit that keeps blowing. The "charging circut" so I pulled the alt and had it tested 2 times. It was good both times. I dug into the wiring diagrams and found the alt was connected to the ECU, BCM, and IPDM. I removed the the BCM and checked resistance in the incoming/outgoing circuits from/to the IPDM. Nothing in the BCM but in the BLU AND YELLOW WIRES going to the IPDM I had a closed circut. I removed the plugs from the IPDM and checked again. It test good. I thinking because the wiring for my alt was not healthy looking I shorted out something and it fried my IPDM which fried my computer when I turned the key on. Another $230 to get the IPDM refurbed. If this dont get it, I'm finding another cheap altima and putting this engine in it. I have a money pit on wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.