Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I know theres probably tons of threads on this topic and to be honest ive seen several threads concerning the topic on google searches. The thing is I havent seen any that are 2007 2.5s. Now ive been looking and ive found a few performance parts for the 07 and im just curious as to what youve done with yours. I am asking specifically for the 07 2.5s (not sure as to what year range there is that would match mine specifically im assuming its 07-09 but im pretty sure ive read some stuff about parts not fitting 07s meant for 09s) I am asking performance parts so you should understand im inquiring about the full range of prformance parts including wheels, suspension, brakes, etc... also I dont know if nissan made a 2 door in 07 or if it really matters but I do have a 4 door for more whores ;)

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
I think the coupes started with the 08s not the 07s.

With a 2.5, you won't get much performance if you did all mods like intake, header, exhaust, pulley swap, rims, mod chip. With an intake, you'll get more of a roar...slight mpg increase and better sound with an exhaust. I'm planning on doing a pulley swap and custom exhaust...not full catback since that's a waste...just a custom resonator and universal magnaflow axlebacks. I also have a 2.5.

I will also plan on going 18s and I also need an aftermarket rear anti sway bar as well...got the stillen front strut brace

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah im not about to add nos on a stock 4 cyl. anyway. Rather not blow my motor. But yeah I took out most my intake up to the filter pretty much cause it was ----ed up so now its basically just a short ram air but I was thinking of leaving it mostly stock for now since I wanna do a swap to a 350 motor and throw small but decent size turbo and some others and swap the trans as well since id have to... plus the cvt is garbage in my opinion.. cool design but useless to me. And also swap it to rwd. But its gonn be a while tillI have that kind of money lol .

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yeah im not about to add nos on a stock 4 cyl. anyway. Rather not blow my motor. But yeah I took out most my intake up to the filter pretty much cause it was ----ed up so now its basically just a short ram air but I was thinking of leaving it mostly stock for now since I wanna do a swap to a 350 motor and throw small but decent size turbo and some others and swap the trans as well since id have to... plus the cvt is garbage in my opinion.. cool design but useless to me. And also swap it to rwd. But its gonn be a while tillI have that kind of money lol .
Lol. Yes it will be. Do you understand what that would take? You can't just buy parts and drop them into your car like its a Lego set. Why swap when u can just buy with a 3.5 in them stock? Do you know how to turbo? And rwd...
No offense man, but just aim for a header next. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol its not about the price man. Its about the love for my first car that maybe you cant understand. Im gonna br making a good bit of money after I get out of school and start my career. Which is still about 2 years and itll still take a fairly good number of years to save the money and im not a douche that thinks they know everything about cars... of course its gonna be a lot of custom fab and parts. Its gonna be my drift project and my ---- around car whrn its done.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Good luck. I'd like to see this done.
I wanted to get a TRANS swap done at one point but I'm not spending the $7-10k to get it done.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Lol its not about the price man. Its about the love for my first car that maybe you cant understand. Im gonna br making a good bit of money after I get out of school and start my career. Which is still about 2 years and itll still take a fairly good number of years to save the money and im not a douche that thinks they know everything about cars... of course its gonna be a lot of custom fab and parts. Its gonna be my drift project and my ---- around car whrn its done.
If you actually pulled it off that would be a sick car. Not trying to shoot you down but it just seems like a huge waste of money/time when you could just start with the Z platform and build a badass car for less than half of the money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plus if I wanted to start from scratch basically id use the s14 and build my badass cheap car that way. Sick drift cars and cheap and easy to build. But like I said its an absolute love for my first car

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yeah itll be expensive as hell and difficult to do but one day shell be a bad ass mother ----er ;)
Ok good deal. I assumed u were the type of person that thought this could be done in a week with $10k. It's your ongoing project that will be one of a kind. I want someome to actually do this lol. May I ask what u are going to school for?

Who would spray an altima? :whistle:
I was waiting for you to find that post LOL. Someone who has a need for speed... :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would spray an altima lol! I got mad needs for mad speeds ;) but im going to school for motorcycle mechanics overall plan is to have my own shop with some friends. But im shooting to be master certified honda and yamaha tech which would bring in some good money in dealerships.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would spray an altima lol! I got mad needs for mad speeds ;) but im going to school for motorcycle mechanics overall plan is to have my own shop with some friends. But im shooting to be master certified honda and yamaha tech which would bring in some good money in dealerships.
And it would be an enjoyable job. Kyle sprayed his 4 banger for awhile. He just needed to get an intake and exhaust system to let it open its lungs and scream. ;)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It was just a 50 shot which doesnt even require a tune but id recommend one. I dont see an intake helping the spray any as nitrous takes the place of oxygen.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It was just a 50 shot which doesnt even require a tune but id recommend one. I dont see an intake helping the spray any as nitrous takes the place of oxygen.
Now you are just making excuses on why not to get an intake lol. Good excuse tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol thats sick yo! Are there good nissan meets up here? I love that scene but I havent found any for just nissans. Been to winterfest and that ---- was fun as hell!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts