Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Β·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Had a wrecked and no-start 2006 SE-R gifted to me so I bought a 2002 Altima 2.5 for my host ..thought I'd have a nice little sleeper incognito 2.5 badged 2002 Altima full built SER ... Knew I could get the SER running but was planning to do a build relatively slowly and put it together basically brand new..( had the time) (to take my time ) since my daily driver was already a n54 335I twin turbo... untill I was T-Boned and was purchasing a truck next thinking I will put this SER together and build it later so I began the adventure of swapping eveeerrrryyy thing out , which I did , only to discover the hell I imagine you have all walked/pushed/&drove through before me.... I found out at some point in time these cars like to go into drive when they feel like ( just be patient πŸ™„) and think 2-3 gear is the third fight in a Connor McGregor trilogy ... On top of that my piston rings and valves are in competition to pass the new green deal single handily... I was batting a thousand while the car was pitching a no hitter 🀯 So basically I swapped a non running non driving vehicle into a non driving non running vehicle... Which led me to these God Forsaking Forums attempting to find out Valve body / Transmission Info and rebuild vs swap vs what da F is wrong with Nissan and their iron clad non disclosure agreement with their customers as to what's what and why πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ I enjoyed reading the same posts worded a thousand ways asking the same questions , and grateful I was unable to comment untill now...

Tomorrow I was going to purchase a 2006 Maxima Motor, praying my ECU didn't steal the 5hp from it , and a valve body for $1,200 total , but instead last minute found and purchased a 2006 Altima SL for $950 ... By now I'm sure everyone thinks I'm a cutter that drinks bleach.... πŸ‘€πŸ»β™Ώ

But I'm looking at it like this for now and maybe there's better advice out there for me... Instead of replacing the engine and transmission's valve body , for a measly 10hp just to still have less than a Maxima , if I'm bored I can transfer my suspension ,Brakes , rotors , wheels , and maybe my front seats into the fully loaded SL... πŸ€” And look into what will happen if I use my SER ECU if I can .... Or just keep my 2002 SER shell fully intact untill the engine is built and another Valve Body purchased doing what I can to prolong piston rings and strengthen the Rods in the rebuild , and I happen to be very interested in following the lead of the guy who placed 350z HR heads on his 2002 maxima because I felt pretty hopeless coming from a RWD twin turbo of ever finding that Joy again in a FWD with little aftermarket support untill I seen what they were doing with the 2nd gen swaps... ( However ) I'm an amputee and have an automatic stipulation on my licence and I believe but not sure that because of the CVT transmission this swap is for manuals only πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ untill I seen the 300hp HR heads on a maxima πŸ€‘ I felt there maybe hope , I think I will be happy with an 06 SL equipped with full SER suspension , brakes ,rotors and a SER engine out the vehicle to build.. I might not who knows ,... What I do know is I now have options , extra parts or two vehicles ... Any ways look forward to hearing advice and whether the ECU would be plug and play or whether my exhaust is bigger all the way from the headers than the Sl's exhaust as I won't know untill I get underneath it tomorrow and most importantly I look forward to hearing what engines and from what models will fit both my Altima body styles 🀣🀣🀣 just joking don't send me to to the land of forgotten threads πŸ’©πŸ§‘β€πŸ¦―πŸ’― time to figure out how to add pictures

1 - 1 of 1 Posts