Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife went to use car and the power seat is not moving forward to get her closer to the steering wheel. I usually drive with it all the way back, so it can’t go back any further. All other functions work. Seat back raises & lowers, seat height raises & lowers. Tried using her seat memory button and it only moved 2 out of the 3 fuctions, Backrest & Height. Any fuses to check when she gets back home?

·
Registered
975 Posts
No, they all operate off the same supply. Chances are something is jammed in the track. You can exclude an electrical issue by putting a test lamp across the motor connector, if it lights in both directions then the problem isn't power or ground. Then watch the motor, if it tries to move but can't then it's jammed. Often you can clear it by having someone in the back seat shove forward with their feet while someone else in the front rocks the seat and works the switch. In a worst case you might need to take a hand sledge to the backs of the seat rails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She just got home. She said when she got back into car (with kids she picked up from school in backseat) that it started working again. Go figure. I noticed there’s a dime laying flat inside the track when my seat is all the way back. I’m wondering if that was the culprit, if it wasn’t completely flat at the time and jamming like you said. Now that it’s laying flat it moves right over it. Dime is not fully exposed and gonna be a lil tricky to remove but I’ll get it eventually. Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
There isn't much clearance there, a dime will do it. Scariest job I ever did was only scary after it was done. I unjammed a Maxima seat with the help of another tech and found the culprit was a live .38 round, half crushed. Either one of us could easily have been killed. Blue Light Special in the Piss-Pants Department!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts