Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was puzzled at first, given that the car supposedly does not have a remote starter.... all I knew is that I got out of the car, stood next to the door, pressed the lock button, and the engine suddenly started... as if by magic.

Today I discovered that the engine starts on its own only when the "lock" button is pressed twice in a row, either using the FOB or the buttons on the doors.

Is this supposed to happen or is there something wrong with the car?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Consider yourself one of the lucky few. Very few. I've never personally seen this but I was told about it at a training class. I don't remember the exact details but the bcm was built for a car overseas but shipped to the states(most models overseas have remote start capabilities from the factory). Since our keys don't have a remote start button, it takes certain button presses to get it to start. You lucked up and yours is easy. Most people that have this capability will never find it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
some one told me that if you hit either lock or unlock twice your windows roll down? my brother in law has an 09 3.5 sl and i saw him do it my hybrid does anyone else's car have this???

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Press unlock, immediately followed by press and hold unlock. About 3 seconds later, all windows with auto down capabilities will begin to drop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was puzzled at first, given that the car supposedly does not have a remote starter.... all I knew is that I got out of the car, stood next to the door, pressed the lock button, and the engine suddenly started... as if by magic.

Today I discovered that the engine starts on its own only when the "lock" button is pressed twice in a row, either using the FOB or the buttons on the doors.

Is this supposed to happen or is there something wrong with the car?
Okay so I am 21 and bought my first car a 05 blue beauty. And I’ve always hit my mum’s keys twice to lock and the first time I locked it was at night. It turned on and I legit thought I was in that scooby doo haunted car episode.
Later realized it was the lock. I am so happy someone else has this; I feel much better and thought I’d share in case you’d feel the same way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts