Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving home today I heard a very loud pop which to me sounded like it
came from right under the transmission hump. The next thing that happened was a loud hissing noise started coming out of the air vents which lasted for about 30 seconds or so and then stopped but reappeared a minute or so later for about the same amount of time and then stopped again for good.

I have absolutely no idea what it was but the "pop" sure as heck got my attention. I drove my Altima straight to the nearest stealership where of course it being Friday afternoon, no one could help me until tomorrow. So, I limped it home.

I have 61,350 miles on it and I just had the oil changed on Tuesday of this week. The check engine light did not come on, the temperature gauge stayed the same, and the a/c is still blowing cold air.

My first thought was that the a/c compressor blew but since it is still blowing cold air I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I will have to say I have never experienced anything like it prior to today. Very strange.

Would anyone here on the forum hazard a guess as to what might have happened??? I plan on bringing the car back to the stealership early in the morning.

Any insight to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They may have left the oil filler cap loose when the oil was changed on Tuesday, the engine internal pressure could have blown the cap off and vented into the engine compartment.
Check all the fluid levels under the hood to see is some of them are low.

Good luck, Jack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts