Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been in search of a programmer for my 2017 altima 2.5. im not looking for anything crazy but if anyone had any suggestions for trustworthy programmers that would be great.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Programmer for what purpose? Only the primary systems on the car are CAN-reprogrammable (ECM, TCM, ABS, ADAS), and it isn't like Nissan puts the programs for them in a public dbase. The BCM isn't reprogrammable period, as a matter of security. The AV's use thumb drives. Chip level tweaking takes enormously specialized equipment, because the IC's in the primary systems are all proprietary ASIC's (Hitachi, Bosch, Calsonic). So exactly what are you looking to program?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It started with check engine light problems with 02 sensors. I originally wanted to get a scanner but I found out that programmers like the bully dog can reset engine light while also giving you slight differences in how the car acts but I am unable to find one for anything newer than 2016 on the altima. Im pretty new to tuners or programmers so sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There are bulletins for a bunch of the A/F and HO2S codes on a '16. It may just need an ECM update. If you can tell me which codes it's throwing, I can check in ASIST for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It showed for upstream 02 sensor ill have to get back with you on the code tomorrow

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's an A/F, only the downstream sensor is HO2S on the Altima. There's a very good chance all you need is an update.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bulletin NTB16-117b. It's more than just a repro, also a new A/F Sensor, modification of the grille shutter, and possibly a new PCV valve. If you're still under 5/60 then your powertrain warranty should cover it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts