Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wassup guys
Am new at this forum i have a question got you guys
I wanted to install aftermarket HID's on my 2003 2.5s Altima.
So is there any way some one could tell me detailed info of how to install them.

If you could help me with that ill apreciate that.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Installation is pretty straight forward. The hardest part is to..

1) Get behind the lamp sockets (on the car).
2) Mount the ballasts

Installation took me around an hour to perform.

BTW: Welcome to the site! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also was thinking about putting HIDS in my 05 altima se but i heard that if you put HIDS in stock housing its illegal because they are too bright.... is this true?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also was thinking about putting HIDS in my 05 altima se but i heard that if you put HIDS in stock housing its illegal because they are too bright.... is this true?
I Dont think so and i never heard any thing like that but ive heard that if you put 30000k then its illegal.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Yes, this is correct.

The reason is because the light doesn't have "projection" or containment. It just spreads any which way it can go and can be very bright on some drivers eyes.

The proper way to install HID's is to use projector lamps to focus them in specific area of the road.

But the downfall is.. Projectors can be quite expensive.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You need to get projectors. If you don't have them, then you will blind other people..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, this is correct.

The reason is because the light doesn't have "projection" or containment. It just spreads any which way it can go and can be very bright on some drivers eyes.

The proper way to install HID's is to use projector lamps to focus them in specific area of the road.

But the downfall is.. Projectors can be quite expensive.

Deng and i just bought a set too 8000k

·
Registered
12 Posts
anything over 8k is asking to get pulled over. 5-6k its fine and usually cops dont bother you. and i'm sure they wont hassle you for 3k fogs. i have 8k foglights so far. but i'm honestly tired of HID's. when mine blow out im just getting PIAA's all around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
installation question. i ordered a xentec set from ebay but have had a hard time installing it. how do i remove the grommet rubber piece from the OEM headlight cover? Do I just cut it? I 'd like to be able to reinstall the grommet if i need to go back to stock. Any help is appreciate it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
05 Alti W/ HIDS

I have a 05 Altima with 6K Headlights and Fog lights and I have no issues with cops nor do I have projector lights. They are the stock housings that the car came with.

DAMN!! I need to post pix lol....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
HID Question

What kind of HIDS are good? I know there are so many brands out there.
I have MCculloch 6K they work well had them sice Feb 2008, very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I have a 05 Altima with 6K Headlights and Fog lights and I have no issues with cops nor do I have projector lights. They are the stock housings that the car came with.

DAMN!! I need to post pix lol....:rolleyes:
Post PHOTOS!

What kind of HIDS are good? I know there are so many brands out there.
I have MCculloch 6K they work well had them sice Feb 2008, very happy with them.
I've had McCullouch HID's in my old stang, they were great. Philips are top-notch when it comes to quality.

·
Registered
53 Posts
HID's

Glad to hear that they are a good brand, I paid enough for them lol..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Pictures posted on next post.

I will have to post a blank... so I can post pix on the Next post. I'm to new here to post pix.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts