Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have a question can you just put LED light bulbs to replace your stock light bulbs in your trunk,footwell and door panels?
Im new at this modding car stuff and im really interested in doing this to my car it gives it a greater look of class.
Please get back to me.:eek::)
If not and you must run wires does anyone have a guide for 2005 2.5s alti
If so can someone recommend a place to buy the bulbs (Ebay etc)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Trunk, step/door, license plate, and glove box are all the same bulb size . Yes you can just replace the stocks with leds. I got most of mine from amazon but there is vleds and superbrightleds and if u know what your looking for ebay. The tricky ones are the map lights and dome lights and the most exspensive was the sun visor fuse leds . If you have any questions let me know i recently did all my interior leds as well as the licensplate lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trunk, step/door, license plate, and glove box are all the same bulb size . Yes you can just replace the stocks with leds. I got most of mine from amazon but there is vleds and superbrightleds and if u know what your looking for ebay. The tricky ones are the map lights and dome lights and the most exspensive was the sun visor fuse leds . If you have any questions let me know i recently did all my interior leds as well as the licensplate lights.
Thanks dude, im gunna pick some up bulbs up, as for the foot wells and how hard is it to do and do you have a guide/installation. I figure that if im gunna do led in my dome,doorpanel, glove box and trunk then it would look pretty awkward if i dont do my footwells.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the bulb sizes, and what color do you recommend blue,red or shining white?

check out ijdmtoy.com for leds too. i also have full interior led swap. i'd avoid ebay leds. it's very hit and miss on getting nice ones from there.
door lights, glovebox, tag lights, and trunk lights are all 194 bulbs
map lights are 57
dome light is 3175

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Thanks Ed and Black, I just ordered some bulbs for my license plate frame (xenon white). Gonna slowly convert them all to leds lol. I bought them from ijdmtoy.com and used the coupon code GoJDM for a 10% discount.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ed and Black, I just ordered some bulbs for my license plate frame (xenon white). Gonna slowly convert them all to leds lol. I bought them from ijdmtoy.com and used the coupon code GoJDM for a 10% discount.
Thanks for the coupon code, why didnt you just order the kit lol?
and lmk how it turns out

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My 06 2.5 s does not have foot well lighting so i dont know about that.

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Thanks for the bulb sizes, and what color do you recommend blue,red or shining white?
no problem. i have blue, so i'm biased towards that. do you have a color theme on your car at all?

good choice getting them from ijdmtoy :) i got my leds in 2 days from them when it said 7 day shipping. thanks for the coupon code too. i'll probably order some brighter leds since i got that now.

@gully- go to racinglineperformance.com to order a footwell lighting kit. it'll come with directions for the install

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
And i did all 6k leds (white with a blue tint) except my maps and sun visors i did 5k (bright white) and a red led in the glove box for fun. Its all personal preferance and functuon. Im thinking about doing a footwell kit now too..and i thought i was done with my leds :p
And just an fyi due to the low power use of leds the led dome light when in door mode will glow a little even when your doors are closed. Its normal and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no problem. i have blue, so i'm biased towards that. do you have a color theme on your car at all?

good choice getting them from ijdmtoy :) i got my leds in 2 days from them when it said 7 day shipping. thanks for the coupon code too. i'll probably order some brighter leds since i got that now.

@gully- go to racinglineperformance.com to order a footwell lighting kit. it'll come with directions for the install
Not really i dont have a colorway on my car just sliver body with black rims, i was thinking either red of brilliant white. oh okay ill check out that website thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And i did all 6k leds (white with a blue tint) except my maps and sun visors i did 5k (bright white) and a red led in the glove box for fun. Its all personal preferance and functuon. Im thinking about doing a footwell kit now too..and i thought i was done with my leds :p
And just an fyi due to the low power use of leds the led dome light when in door mode will glow a little even when your doors are closed. Its normal and nothing to worry about.
Maybe im mistaken, i could have swore that my 2006 altima 2.5s has stock footwell lightingl. But i may be wrong, im about to run out to my garage and check hah lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The only thing im worried about is if the blue or red is gunna shine bright enough if i really need to find something in the dark lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts