Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! The radiator/AC fan under the hood runs constantly. I have tried turning the fan off of the windshield, made sure my A/C button was not pressed. I even switched the blower motor relay with the radio relay because I thought just maybe that was the issue. The fan runs smooth and not very loud, but it just runs constantly. I was told it may be a sensor issue, but I have no idea where the rad/AC fan sensor is. Or maybe there is an actual rad/AC fan relay, because the one I tested and switched was for the blower motor! Any help at all would be super awesome, as my Nissan dealership told me that it was the fan and I should replace the whole thing. Problem is, they thought it was running loud, but that was not the problem. It just stays on. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
36 Posts
By 'run constantly' do you mean that it runs when the car is off or only when the car is running?

Besides having the AC off, make sure that you aren't in the defrost mode also. Defrost kicks on the AC to help dry the air.

It could be an engine temp sensor that is showing that the engine is hot even though it isn't.

Unless the fan has an integral relay built in, I don't see a reason to replace a fan that is obviously working. Is it still under warranty? If so, and that part is covered, let them change it on their dime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fan only runs once I start it. The fan immediately kicks into high and boyh fans start going. How do I ensure the defrost mode is not on. When I start the car I make sure its on the dash vent setting not windshield or floor/windshield. Its not in warranty because I'm over the kms. I just bought it used last weej. Do you know where the engine temp sensor is?? The temperature gauge on the dash never shows hot. It gets up to just below half temp on the dash gauge and never above. Ac works good..the heat works good. So not sure what to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts