Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 platinum- Rear camera intermittently goes black. I’ve gotten it to come back On by shutting the trunk. Then a day or two later it goes back to just black. Other cams working fine. Thinking it’s a loose connection. Anyone else experienced this? Will this be be covered under warranty?
Plant Automotive design Gadget Mode of transport Vehicle

·
Registered
975 Posts
Most likely the cam is going bad. If it was a power or communications problem with the cam, you'd be getting a warning icon in the rear picture. Blanking out like this means the cam has power and is sending signal, but the picture is nothingness. That generally means a bad CCD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely the cam is going bad. If it was a power or communications problem with the cam, you'd be getting a warning icon in the rear picture. Blanking out like this means the cam has power and is sending signal, but the picture is nothingness. That generally means a bad CCD.
Thanks for the reply. Going to bring it in to a dealership and see if they’ll cover it under warranty. Good to know why the warning icons weren’t coming on from this. Appreciate the info, and I’ll update the results afterwards.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Going to bring it in to a dealership and see if they’ll cover it under warranty. Good to know why the warning icons weren’t coming on from this. Appreciate the info, and I’ll update the results afterwards.
The camera is online, so the AVM and AV Unit don't realize there's anything wrong. The cam is just sending a blank pic. If you're under 36K miles then warranty will definitely cover it, the cams are under 3/36 basic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Dealer said it was loose connection, and wasn’t secured properly. Told them no one has worked on my car other than oil changes. They then asked if the oil change place also worked on my trunk too. Lol “No, Must’ve been someone from Nissans Factory when I bought it new.” I said. It’s working now. And was covered under 3/36.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Update: Dealer said it was loose connection, and wasn’t secured properly. Told them no one has worked on my car other than oil changes. They then asked if the oil change place also worked on my trunk too. Lol “No, Must’ve been someone from Nissans Factory when I bought it new.” I said. It’s working now. And was covered under 3/36.
That isn't making a whole lot of sense, you should've got an "X'd-out" panel from a bad connection. I wonder if it wasn't a firmware freeze-up and they reset your AVM but are blaming it on wiring. I'd keep the RO handy in case the problem recurs, especially after the 3/36 runs out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts