Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so... my 11 has a reoccurring p0101 for the maf. I cleaned it and changed the filter.... reset the code with my scanner. Comes back in a day or two usually when it hits really cold... that's possibly a coincidence.... there is no issue in performance no shakes nothing associated with a bad maf. So I found a tsb describing this and says a software update is likely the fix. I'm out or bumper 2 bumper warranty but still in on drive train.... are they going to charge me for this update? I'm already mad as hell at my local dealer over a tpms sensor failing just out of warranty(like 100 miles out of warranty) and they wouldn't even good will compromise on the job.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Where in Mississippi are you?

The ECM reprogram will fix it. I do two or three a week. It will still be under warranty. Anything with the engine controls or emissions systems are 8yrs/80k.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did you get this fixed? The ECM update may or may not fix it. I have seen a few cars with broken MAF sensor wires near the connector for the MAF sensor where people are stretching the harness when they replace air filters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts