Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so... my 11 has a reoccurring p0101 for the maf. I cleaned it and changed the filter.... reset the code with my scanner. Comes back in a day or two usually when it hits really cold... that's possibly a coincidence.... there is no issue in performance no shakes nothing associated with a bad maf. So I found a tsb describing this and says a software update is likely the fix. I'm out or bumper 2 bumper warranty but still in on drive train.... are they going to charge me for this update? I'm already mad as hell at my local dealer over a tpms sensor failing just out of warranty(like 100 miles out of warranty) and they wouldn't even good will compromise on the job.

· Registered
51 Posts
Did you get this fixed? The ECM update may or may not fix it. I have seen a few cars with broken MAF sensor wires near the connector for the MAF sensor where people are stretching the harness when they replace air filters.

· Registered
1 Posts
START WITH a new PCV valve and engine air filter. I finally got this cleared up after 3 trips to emissions check station in AZ. The permanent “P0101 MAF intake air temp circuit A voltage low” came on right after buying the car off Facebook before my OBD scanner came in the mail… idiocy.
In order, new air filter, cleaned MAF sensor, then a new MAF SENSOR, and the code remained. Took to the dealer for reprogram the ECM for $175, code remained. Replaced the PCV valve for $6 off eBay and new hoses ($2.50 each) to the intake manifolds (a foot of generic 5/8” and 3/8” to the PCV) and boom all cleared. This whole thing could have been fixed outright by the PVC valve, hoses and the air filter. I believe the IAT as read by the MAF was just too high because of obstruction to the airflow and the PCV not doing it’s job. The Altima PCV is very flimsy and clearly was the culprit. I’m thrilled!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts