Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife cant drive. For the 2nd time in 14,000 miles she ripped the sidewall of a tire making a turn. With 14,000 miles can ONE tire be replaced with this AWD? If so, is it better to have the new tire at any particular spot? , or should we replace all 4? Ugh. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some folks have shaved their new tire to equal the older ones. If you have 14000 miles difference in wear, I would not put that new tire on cause in my opinion there may be a problem there. Thats always the biggest decision of owning an AWD vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have a 2019 accord with the same 235/40/19's , and I just swapped them all out. I will use 2 of her old ones on my rear when the time comes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
An Altima can tow, but if you tear it up, don't expect warranty coverage. The tail lights are easy to splice. There are kits that plug in between the lamps that make it easy. The final drive ratio is taller in an Altima, so take it easy. I upgraded my brakes and suspension. I used Rogue calipers and drilled and slotted rotors. I had to flip the calipers L/R and swap hoses L/R. I also added same style Altima rotors in front. Ceramic pads all around. The hitch has a tongue load of 500lbs capacity and I used a forged Euro style class II ball that raised 4".
The Altima sags in the rear. So I installed air bags in the coil springs, compressor, air tank and regulator. Just go easy on the transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts