Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as the weather decides to get warm (and stay warm), I plan on buying a new set of rims for my '12 coupe. I know nothing about rims and just don't want to look dumb when I go to order them. Would 22" fit? Or would they be too large and cause an issue with turning? I looked on a site that has a simulator to see what their rims would look like on the car, and nothing I found went above 20", but idk if that just means they didn't have anything over 20" or it means the coupe can't fit 22".

Also, what do you call the type of tires that are really thin? The ones that look as though there is almost no rubber over the rim? I'd like to get something like that with the rims. But, as I said, I really don't know anything about this stuff.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
22s IMO are too big but you might be able to get them to fit. If you plan to lower the car I wouldn't go that big either.
I'm pretty sure you are referring to low profile tires or if you go with 22s it would be like having a rubber band around your wheel because the tire would be so small.
Also another thing to remember. If you hit a pot hole or something similar with that small of a tire you take the chance of damaging the rims. And the ride quality is going to be horrible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
20's are the largest you should put on the coupe for sensible drive-ability, however, 19's are the ideal wheel size to upsize to if you can/are willing to pay the extra costs to maintain 19" tires---which are quite expensive compared to 18, 19 inch tires.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
20" wheels are already pushing the limit in size. 22's would look a little goofy. I think 19" wheels would look best. Just my opinion though.
20's are the largest you should put on the coupe for sensible drive-ability, however, 19's are the ideal wheel size to upsize to if you can/are willing to pay the extra costs to maintain 19" tires---which are quite expensive compared to 18, 19 inch tires.
I love the look of 19's on Alti's. 18's look alright, 20's just seem too big to me (not to mention heavy!!), but 19's is the goldilocks zone.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I love the look of 19's on Alti's. 18's look alright, 20's just seem too big to me (not to mention heavy!!), but 19's is the goldilocks zone.
19's are definitely the way to go for the '08-'13 coupes in terms of looks and perhaps performance. But the stock 18's make for an already stiff enough ride on the SR when driving on crappy city streets. ::grin::

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
19's are definitely the way to go for the '08-'13 coupes in terms of looks and perhaps performance. But the stock 18's make for an already stiff enough ride on the SR when driving on crappy city streets. ::grin::
I hear that! I'm going to move to a larger section width tire on the next set of tires. Hopefully, that will help to absorb more of the road and provide a bit more grip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
LOL. OK, fine - your 20's are tight, but that's 'cause you're trippin' on the stereo scene. Your purpose is lookin' and soundin' good. I don't so much care about looks if it makes my car go faster...
Lol I was just giving you a hard time haha ::nerd::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts