Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys this is for the northern people in the group. does anyone have a roof spoiler added to their 4.5 or even 4th gen. does this add on help prevent the snow buildup in the middle of the rear window?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Visual for sure . I would like to have one myself .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys here is something funny about this little part. you can find them on ebay for under $70 painted with free shipping from Asia. i priced checked it on carid.com for around $150+shipping and got a price quote for $255 unpainted from the napa store down the road. should i be worried about "knock off" products or is this a case of middle man mark ups? i have found more styles and companies who make them then i did when i searched for the spoiler on the trunk lid. you can even get your roof spoiler with a break light for those who are interested.
i figured they were only for show. just hoped it would help with the snow build up. by the way what i mean is after brushing off the car and drive away whatever light snow no matter where on the roof seems to only cover the middle 16-18 inches of the rear window. might only be my car not sure. it's not really an issue other than it helps me see if the dog is chasing me down the street. i will let everyone know if this little areo-dynamic change helps or not in six or seven months.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
thanks guys here is something funny about this little part. you can find them on ebay for under $70 painted with free shipping from Asia. i priced checked it on carid.com for around $150+shipping and got a price quote for $255 unpainted from the napa store down the road. should i be worried about "knock off" products or is this a case of middle man mark ups? i have found more styles and companies who make them then i did when i searched for the spoiler on the trunk lid. you can even get your roof spoiler with a break light for those who are interested.
i figured they were only for show. just hoped it would help with the snow build up. by the way what i mean is after brushing off the car and drive away whatever light snow no matter where on the roof seems to only cover the middle 16-18 inches of the rear window. might only be my car not sure. it's not really an issue other than it helps me see if the dog is chasing me down the street. i will let everyone know if this little areo-dynamic change helps or not in six or seven months.

I got mine prepainted off eBay a few years ago and it has seen the hottest temps in Texas and the coldest temps in Ohio. The paint is still perfect and while the fitment wasn't 100% perfect, you only notice it during install. And even then I'm talking about one side not being straight by maybe an 1/8 of an inch.
The eBay spoiler is a great deal imo

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Check the dimensions on the eBay spoilers. Some of them are very thin like maybe 1-2 wide others are deeper.
Also some of them will allow you to take measurements from your car and they will cut it to that exact length.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts