Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the title says it all i have a slightly rough dipping idle when i first turn my car on after sitting cold for a night sometimes its rough enough to kill and i have to restart it and give it gas.. any suggestions what it may be. the hoses are hooked up even though there diffrent sizes and i kinda fitted/rigged em im thinking its the IACV...or the hose leading to it how would i correct this without putting the stock system back in... plus on this setup i have to leave the AIT hanging outside the intake because theres no where to put it but i read in the fsm that it dosnt make a diffrence while driving just inital startup calculations... (also check out my post in the modifcations subsection about cams... if someone could lead me to the right info.)

thanks all

·
Registered
51 Posts
the title says it all i have a slightly rough dipping idle when i first turn my car on after sitting cold for a night sometimes its rough enough to kill and i have to restart it and give it gas.. any suggestions what it may be. the hoses are hooked up even though there diffrent sizes and i kinda fitted/rigged em im thinking its the IACV...or the hose leading to it how would i correct this without putting the stock system back in... plus on this setup i have to leave the AIT hanging outside the intake because theres no where to put it but i read in the fsm that it dosnt make a diffrence while driving just inital startup calculations... (also check out my post in the modifcations subsection about cams... if someone could lead me to the right info.)

thanks all
It shouldn't matter where you have the AIT, it actually helps to put it in the coldest area of the engine bay. I would be sure there are no leaks going from the intake tube to the Idle air control valve (this is the big hose on the firewall side of the intake that leads around the back of the engine) Another issue could be if you oil the filter too much, oil could have got onto the air flow meter hot wire. If that's the case you can just clean the inside of the air flow meter with some brake clean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts