Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine also, so fed up with nissan, they have replaced my seat rails 2 time already and need to be done again, when you stop sudden seat slides forward, etc and you can grab steering wheel and pull yourself forward. They want to fix with the same faulty parts, also the swithces will not stay in the seat, but they can not fix that due to they attach to seat rails. Corporate tech told the dealer to not install new seat rails until there is a fix, the local area rep for nissan told the dealer to install them anyway. I put a buy back on that car, but nissan wants no part of that, I have had multiple issues with the car and have been at the dealer everyday this week for stuff to be fixed, It seems that the factory wants top not stand behind the product, even on day of delivery, my center console just popped off, they place no bolts in it. Actually had an 08 rental Altima and got in and what, not bolts in center console. This car qualifies fo lemon law in Texas, seat movement is a safety issue.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Wow.. I dont think i've had the seat moving forward on me but it has shifted left/right.

What manufactering plant did your altima get built at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nissan came back to me and said this car does not fall into the lemon law, and that they want to fix it with the same broken rails. The bottom line is nissan will do what ever it takes to not stand behind the car, they can not tell me for sure they can fix it, just liken they can not be for sure that if i stop hard, the seat will stop. I will just have to go through texas arbitration and then maybe suew them. They say it is not a safety issue, and the area rep fro San Antonio says they will not buy this piece of crap, but want to fix, but not with a tsb or fix on the rails, but the same rails they used the last 2 times. NEVER ANOTHER NISSAN PRODUCT, and i have bought 3 new and 1 used the last 7 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
this was exactly what was happening to my titan but i traded it in yesterday for my altima.i also said the same thing never a nissan product but here i am with another

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they could not give me another one, customer service from factory sucks period. hey not only do not care about the customer, but when I told them I would picket the dealer, they told me to go ahead. Way to back the dealer and consumer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
they could not give me another one, customer service from factory sucks period. hey not only do not care about the customer, but when I told them I would picket the dealer, they told me to go ahead. Way to back the dealer and consumer.
you could always try another nissan dealer maybe they have better customer service

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would definitely apply the lemon law if they can not repair it or demand a replacement. A moving seat is a serious safety issue. Imagine if you had to slam on brakes and your seat slides back taking pressure off the brakes.
you are right when i pressed the brake on my titan it caused me to jam on them do to the seat sliding up.my dealer fixed it here in houston and there is a tsb on this issue!some dealers are different than others i just personaly have a good relationship with my service rep so thats why i get EVERYTHINGfixed immediatly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there was no tsb for this, they just contacted me, 2 days before arbirtation, saying they have a fix, but it is noit avail to dealers yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts