Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Altima 2.5 My service soon engine light came on. I was at complete stop and when I tried to accelerate it would barely move. I put it in reverse and it would barley back up. I turned the car off and back on and then it took off no problem. This has happened several times past 2 days and engine light is still on (I have tried the the gas cap and it does not resolve engine light). Has anyone else had this problem and cost to fix it??? Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
2008 Altima 2.5 My service soon engine light came on. I was at complete stop and when I tried to accelerate it would barely move. I put it in reverse and it would barley back up. I turned the car off and back on and then it took off no problem. This has happened several times past 2 days and engine light is still on (I have tried the the gas cap and it does not resolve engine light). Has anyone else had this problem and cost to fix it??? Thanks!
Do you have a code I can work with??? Ive read that the mass air flow sensor can cause this and also a torn intake boot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do I get the code? I appreciate your response. Thanks!
Well first check under the hood and make sure that nothing is off (vacuum line, intake hose, make sure you dont hear any sucking of air). then go to autozone and have the codes read. dont listen to what they tell you...they are going to try and sell you fuel injector cleaner. Once you get me a code we can figure alot more out.

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
You can check the codes yourself...

This article shows you how to read/pull the fault codes, usually accompanied by a Check Engine Light or Service Engine Soon, on your Altima with push button start. You do not need an OBDII code reader or any other special tools to do this.
To take a reading without using an OBD II reader, you can do this:
Note: Familiarize yourself with the entire procedure before attempting. A pen, paper, and stop watch will be helpful.
1. Put the car into “ON” without the engine started (hit the ignition button twice without having your foot on the brake)
2. Wait 3 seconds for the car to do a systems check (you know this is done when all the lights except your service engine light go off)
3. Do 5 full accelerator press and releases in 5 seconds (floor your car 5 times in 5 seconds)
4. Wait 7 seconds.
5. Floor the accelerator again, and hold it there for 10 seconds (approx).Your service engine light will turn off.
6. When the light turns off, take your foot off the pedal, and get ready to count. At this point, the service engine light will start blinking.It will give you a 4 digit code – the first number will flash slowly, followed by a slight pause, the next three numbers will flash quickly, all with a pause in the middle.10 flashes means a number “0.”So if your car blinked 10 times, then 4, then 4, then 2 again, you would have a code of “0442,” which is your gas cap thing.Other codes can be determined by looking at a OBD II code reference sheet.
This can be found anytime at the following link

http://www.altimaforums.net/ses-diagnositc-procedures-t335.html

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Nikki and guys, I have an Altima 2007, 2.5S. Have the same problem, suddenly the car loss the acceleration but the engine still on. N, D, 1st gear, reverse, everything is fine but with no acceleration response to the pedal. I turn off the car and restart, and the acceleration is back with no issues after some days or weeks after. The service engine is on, and some code is showing a throttle body issues, but Im not sure if is something with the throttle body or with some accel pedal position sensor. Is it possible to be a throttle body issue? I doubt it if the issue is fixed when I restarted my car, maybe the pedal sensor?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Nikki and guys, I have an Altima 2007, 2.5S. Have the same problem, suddenly the car loss the acceleration but the engine still on. N, D, 1st gear, reverse, everything is fine but with no acceleration response to the pedal. I turn off the car and restart, and the acceleration is back with no issues after some days or weeks after. The service engine is on, and some code is showing a throttle body issues, but Im not sure if is something with the throttle body or with some accel pedal position sensor. Is it possible to be a throttle body issue? I doubt it if the issue is fixed when I restarted my car, maybe the pedal sensor?
I had the same issue only I was driving on a trip and I had it on cruise control and it kicked me off and wouldn't speed unless I shut down and restarted after awhile. First I thought it was the MAF sensor but after awhile it stopped. But when it kept doing it I took it to the dealer many times and they told me they couldn't help me because it wouldn't bring up a code or give a check engine code. After the last time, I took it back and told them I didn't want it back till they fixed it. After having it for 2 days they called me and told me they logged into the computer and that the cvt transmission popped out error codes. They replaced the cvt and tuned it up and it works wonderful now like new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im looking for answers to this same issue. I have a 2011 nissan altima with the same problem. My auto zone says the code came back something to do with the output shaft speed sensor. Is this a major problem i should fix immediately or should i be ok to drive for a few weeks until i find a good reliable mechanic??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts