Nissan Altima Forum banner

Silent But Deadly 2.5s - Performance Suggestions??

60K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  VenomdeUltima 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 2.5s and looking to do a few mods to gain maybe 30-35hp or so without making the thing too loud. Anyone have any suggestions?

What I'm thinking that would give me about 25hp...
- Injen Cold Air Intake
- Stillen QR-Pro Fuel/Air Management System
- Underdrive Pulley (Anyone have any brand recommendations?)

- I know exhaust is key but I really don't want it to sound cheesy. I'd really like a relatively quiet but mean sounding system... Suggestions?

My trans is a 5-speed so any ideas relative to that or experience with flywheels or something would be appreciated.

I'm open to ideas from anyone that has had any experience with any or these parts, other parts or modding a 2.5s.

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Thanks... Any sound or videos?

Thanks for the advice regarding the magnaflow. Sounds like i good investment. Do you know any good turbo kits for the 2.5s? That seems pretty steep since a lot of other components would have to be replaced too but do you know anyone that has put a turbo kit on my car? Haven't seen much in researching options...?

#4 ·
sorry, but I also am looking for one, I haven't found one yet but, a friend of mine had put a turbo into his 02 altima. There are some video's on youtube with a guy who also has a turbo on his altima. Not sure if he's got a stock engine. But this is what I'm hoping to get my 04 2.5s to do. sorry again

#8 ·
I have a 2005 2.5s and looking to do a few mods to gain maybe 30-35hp or so without making the thing too loud. Anyone have any suggestions?

- Injen Cold Air Intake
- Stillen QR-Pro Fuel/Air Management System
- Underdrive Pulley (Anyone have any brand recommendations?)

- I know exhaust is key but I really don't want it to sound cheesy. I'd really like a relatively quiet but mean sounding system... Suggestions?

My trans is a 5-speed so any ideas relative to that or experience with flywheels or something would be appreciated.

I'm open to ideas from anyone that has had any experience with any or these parts, other parts or modding a 2.5s.

Thanks!!
You could get a performance throttle body, throttle body spacer, headers, performance chip, turbo, nitrous, muffler, or catyletic converter. Not all mufflers sound bad and you could get a resonater for it. The muffler, throttle body, throttle body spacer and performance chip would be fairly easy to install.

#9 ·
Thanks for the ideas!

All, Sorry I haven't been more involved in this thread been pretty tied up. Anyway, all these suggestions sound great!

UPDATE:

I called up STILLEN and ordered their lightweight crank pulley, grounding kit, QR-Pro Fuel/Air Management System, and an Injen Black CAI. All was installed.

Report:

VERY NICE RESULTS! The car now feels like it has a mild supercharger installed. The sound is just about as quiet as stock except a bit of a rumble from the front UNTIL you hit about 4.5k or so and then it just roars like a beast with the CAI. The low-end torque is such that it is much tougher to go for non-advanced stick drivers. When you touch the gas it revs up really quick. I'm really pleased! Even my friend who has a cobra (can't compare the two and never would) was impressed with how it felt and drove.

NEXT:

I'm thinking of a header and still contemplating an exhaust and it sounds like lots of you are having nice results with Magnaflow. I followed a random V6 altima home the other day that had a aftermarket exhaust and it was STILLEN and it was quiet. I do lots of traveling and last thing I want is to be cruising on the highway for many hours with a loud exhaust constantly driving you crazy at 3.5k rpms or so.

Anyone have experience with headers? I see a few JDM headers for just over $100 but then found some OBX headers for $350. I know OBX is good but why is JDM so cheap? Would like to save money but going cheap is the worst thing to do in the long run if you want your car to last for a long time.

Thanks again for feedback. Please share more if you will.

#16 ·

• Injen Cold Air Intake
  • Stillen QR-Pro Fuel/Air Management System
  • Underdrive Pulley (Anyone have any brand recommendations?)

Thanks!!
I have an 05 Altima 2.5S QR25DE. I havem recently replaced amm my suspension and installed adjustable height coilovers, I upgrade the brakes and rotors to Detroit Axle Cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads, upgrade the coil packs, gotbthe best plugs for the header im gonna be running, also new water pump, thermostats, upgraded high performance fans, fully isolated coldbairbintake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.