Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking to get a car, but I'm all about the music when I'm in my car. (I do a lot of driving on my own.) So, i'm looking to get a nice sound system in my car. Any preferences?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know that Circuit City has a pretty good selection and they will install it for you as well. My friend had a pretty good experience using them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Circuit city is okay. I'm not a big fan with corporate places like that installing audio equipment though. I'd go to Sound Advice or your local car audio shop. I've heard way too many things about installers at Best Buy doing some crazy things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
..............!

Hey wassup i prefer you should goto local Audio Dealership.
They have every brand and compatible prices on dem.

Ive got 2 12inch kicker L5 circuit city was selling them $250 each and at dealer ship i got each for $170.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spent my entire high school career re-wiring cars from Circuit City and Best Buy. For my experiences, if for some reason I cannot complete the install I go to a local privately owned shop. For the few projects I have farmed out I have not been burned or had to correct anything.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did you already buy the car? If not i recommend you get the Bose audio system. IT IS UNBELIEVABLE.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Bose system is very nice for a stock system. I have been thinking of adding a self contained 10" sub.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The Bose system is very nice for a stock system. I have been thinking of adding a self contained 10" sub.
A Bose sub? Or just a sub in general?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've dealt with both circuit city and best buy in the past and from experience i would advice you to steer away from those corporate install shops... a quality installer is hard to find nowadays.. you have a better chance going to a specialized install shop but even those sometimes do shity jobs (tried those ass well)... i know have my brother do all the work on my car (He is certified) and does the cleanest jobs. He fixed and added everything on my car.... he also carries various audio brands so if anyone is interested in a good deal on their audio equipment let me know..!!

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Yeah, when you had people 'underground' doing the work or a friend.. They tend to pay more attention to it because they don't have the client/customer demand like corporate companies do.

Most of them do it for the passion.. Not the money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am getting ready to install a kenwood ddx 5120 in my Nissan Altima.. could anyone tell me what is needed to take my stock deck out??

·
Registered
6 Posts

It's a 2005.. at first they said that there should be 2 holes closer to the sies of the stock deck, but I have not been able to find them

·
Registered
30 Posts
thats probably because you havent removed the plastic piece coveing them

1. pull the trim piece off surrounding the a/c heater controls
2. remove the screws below trim below the radio, then remove the panel surrounding the vents
3. then just remove the screws securing the radio

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alrighty .. just got that done a few hours ago.. i do not have the adapter yet to make my controls on my steering wheel work.. but once I get that will my trip and everything that worked previously work again ??? Plz HELP!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alrighty .. just got that done a few hours ago.. i do not have the adapter yet to make my controls on my steering wheel work.. but once I get that will my trip and everything that worked previously work again ??? Plz HELP!

I dont see why not, do you know how to solder wires and do you have a dash kit?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will say this: if you find a quality installer who has been at it for a while...you won't even notice that it was bby ccity or whoever. Ima take some pics of my install and want yall to guess who did it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep I know how to do that .. and yes i did get a dash kit but it ends up I didn't need it, where do I go from there?? Also could ya tell me how to reset the the airbag light ?? whenever i disconnected it ... it just made everything go off!1

1 - 20 of 28 Posts