Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the market for projector headlights for some time now and I ran across some from Spyder Auto.

They seem pretty legit but i'm a bit hesitant because in the past I've seen some aftermarket projector headlight assemblies start to turn yellow after a while and look really cheap.

Has anyone on here ever purchased and installed these? If so, what was the result?

I would post the link to their site but the forum won't allow me to since I'm still new to the site and i haven't posted the minimum requirement of 5 posts.

here's the SKU: PRO-YD-NA02-HL-C.

Description: Nissan Altima 02-04 Halo LED Projector Headlights - Chrome

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Good projectors are not cheap. Have a look at lightwerkz.com. They really are one of the best projector retrofits out there. You can go for one of the ebay kits but you're right, they usually are cheap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was also looking for some decent projectors for my girl's car, preferably without the halo bullcrap lol. Thanks for the link

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
From what I remember...aftermarket projector assemblies are fine EXCEPT for the fact that they use cheap lenses...

The "lense" is that glass orb at the front of projector that determines how the light shines, and how the beam is focused...that sort of thing. The cheap ones like what you will probably have in these lights tend to not be very well focused, and in some cases will give off light in ways much like your standard halogen housing will.

Here's an image of the "lense" I'm referring to:

I will also add that it is possible to change the lenses...so that if you get a terrible set, you could replace the lenses alone and possibly end up with something phenomenal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts